The Beulah Community Nursing Home (BCNH) was incorporated in 1962 to provide skilled care to the aged. The original home had 22 beds. In 1964, an additional 20 beds were added. The demands for additional beds continued, so a further expansion was considered in the 1970’s. A merger with the Rev. Jochim Memorial Home, a basic care facility serving the Beulah area since 1948, was completed in 1981. The merger was coupled with an expansion project that provided the community with a 90-bed facility. For the first time, Basic Care, Intermediate Care and Skilled Care levels were provided in one convenient location.
An additional remodeling project was finished in 1990. Since that time, the facility has provided 85 skilled nursing care beds.
The name of the Beulah Community Nursing Home was changed in 1996 to Knife River Care Center. This name better reflects the service region of the facility.
The Groundbreaking Ceremony for the new facility was held April 21, 2006. Construction continued on the new building with an approximate completion date of July 1, 2007. After a few delays the new facility was completed in the fall/winter of 2007 and Moving Day was January 26, 2008. (view photo album)